London Stock Exchange, maib and Renaissance Capital are pleased to invite you to the Moldovan Capital Market Day.
Date: Monday, 15 November 2021
Time: 08:30 – 12:30 (UK)
Venue: London Stock Exchange, 10 Paternoster Square, London EC4M 7LS
Please find a preliminary agenda below:
08:30 – 09:00 Opening speeches
- Natalia Gavrilita, Prime Minister of the Republic of Moldova
- Julia Hoggett, CEO, London Stock Exchange Plc
- Odile Renaud-Basso, President, EBRD (online)
- Octavian Armașu, Governor of the National Bank of Moldova
09:10 – 10:10 Panel discussion “Prospects for Moldova’s macro and investment climate”
- Vladimir Munteanu, Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board, First Deputy Governor of the National Bank of Moldova
- Rodgers Brenner Chawani, IMF Resident Representative in Moldova (online)
- Inguna Dobraja, the World Bank’s Country Manager for Moldova
- Bayan Carter, Associate Director, Private Equity, EBRD
Moderator: Charles Robertson, Global Chief Economist, Head of Macro Strategy Unit, Renaissance Capital
10:20 – 11:20 Panel discussion ”Moldovan equity capital markets: a company’s perspective”
- Giorgi Shagidze, CEO, maib
- Eoin Woods, CTO, Endava
- Vasile Tofan, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Purcari Wineries
Moderator: Ayuna Nechaeva, Head of Europe, Primary Markets, London Stock Exchange
11:20 – 11:30 Q&A session
11:30 – 12:30 Lunch accompanied by Moldovan wine tasting
The event will be held in a hybrid format (attendance in person or online).
We look forward to having you at the event!
Upcoming investor events
- 25-27 October – Bucharest roadshow
- 15 November – Moldova Investor Day, London Stock Exchange
- 7-10 December – Winter Wonderland investor conference, Prague
Contact investor relations
For further enquiries, please contact: IR@maib.md or by phone at +373 22 303 237 or visit our website maib.md.
Maib is the largest bank in Moldova, with a 34% share of loans and 31% share of deposits of the entire banking system. The bank serves nearly 30% of the country's population and is one of the largest employers in the country. Maib’s medium term targets include 40% market share in loans, 55% share in payments, under 45% cost-to-income ratio and 20%+ return on equity to be achieved by 2024. Since 2018, the bank's largest shareholder is a consortium which includes European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), Invalda INVL, a leading asset management group in the Baltics, and Horizon Capital, a private investment fund focused on emerging markets in Europe.
DISCLAIMER: Issuers of press releases – not the news agency IPN – are fully responsible for the accuracy and essence of the content submitted for publication and/or distribution