“This time it goes to the danger of disappearance of Moldova from the sphere of influence of Russia. This thing bothers the leaders of the EBCS. These leaders were once the main promoters of the European integration of the Republic of Moldova, but they changed their position for three times...”
Time goes by, time comes along...
Recently, it was 12 years of the publication of the government program compiled by Prime Minister Zinaida Greceanîi and Deputy Prime Minister Igor Dodon. The document was adopted on June 10, 2009 by the country’s legislative body at the suggestion of Parliament Speaker Vladimir Voronin, who at that moment also held office of President of the Republic of Moldova. It has an unchallengeable historical value as it reveals the political aspirations of the country‘s senior administration over ten years ago. The document is topical now too as, in a curious way, the three authors and promoters of the document are the current leaders of the Electoral Bloc of the Communists and the Socialists (EBCS).
The given government program was adopted in two months of the so-called “Twitter Revolution” caused by the rulers’ actions with the aim of turning the leader of the Christian Democratic People’s Party (PPCD) into a martyr of the nation, but this later was named deputy prime minister in charge of the coordination of the activity of the police force. Under those circumstances, the government program stated pathetically the following: “Program by name, but manifesto by essence, this document represents the mandate of a Government, whose main purpose is to keep the state Republic of Moldova on the map of the world. The perseverance with which this supreme accomplishment of our nation has been attacked in the recent past clearly points to the basic preoccupation of the country’s Government”. To keep Moldova on the map of the world, the manifesto formulated the key priority this way: The unchallengeable desideratum of most of our nationals, the country’s integration into the European Union, is an irreversible and natural priority of the domestic and foreign policy of the Government of the Republic of Moldova”.
In twelve years, exactly on June 10, another leader of the EBCS, MP Bogdat Țîrdea, who heads the branch of the Izborsk Club in the Republic of Moldova, which is of the Imperial Movement, gave an interview to the Russian portal pravda.ru, titled “Moldova can disappear”. This time, it is suggested that Moldova’s existence depends on the voter who lives in Russia and Transnistria and the country’s fate will be decided on July 11, in the snap parliamentary elections. This way we convince ourselves once again that the great poet was right when he wrote: Time goes by, time comes along,/ All is old and all is new…
What’s the purpose of mingling untruths and half-truths?
The interview of the EBCS candidate for the Russian portal is interesting at least for the reason that the portal for which it was given presents the candidate as “our man”, which is the man of Russians, even if this accuses the political opponents of lack of national pride and patriotic feelings. Under such circumstances, it is evident that the interviewee poses threats to the Republic of Moldova through the agency of the Russian interests. According to this, the most serious danger comes from President Maia Sandu, who, in half a year of her election to office managed to:
- take under control all the law enforcement and regulatory institutions of the country with the aim of fighting corruption, including by confiscating the property of high-ranking officials who cannot justify its origin. This mechanism enables President Maia Sandu to get rid of her political opponents, including Igor Dodon;
- change, with the support of the U.S. Embassy, the parliamentary regime of government into a presidential regime, frightening the public servants who she invites to report to her, even if the law does not oblige them to do so ;
- commit reprovable deeds , sacrilege, such as celebration on the same day, May 9, of the Victory Day and Europe Day;
- dramatically diminish, with the assistance of supernatural forces, the COVID-19 infection rate. Immediately after Maia Sandu dissolved Parliament, the number of infections decreased from 2,000 to several tens a day, even if the situation was expected to be the opposite, as the EBCS leaders anticipated, etc.
Of the EBCS candidate’s assertions, we can deduce that he mixes up the danger to the wellbeing of the EBCS leaders with the danger to the Republic of Moldova. At the same time, we can see great envy of Maia Sandu, who during half a year managed to do what Igor Dodon didn’t manage to do during four years in office, even if the latter aimed to transform Moldova into a presidential republic. In this connection, the interviewee explained the cause of Maia Sandu’s victory against Igor Dodon in the presidential elections to the Russian audience:
- the amendment of the electoral legislation under the pressure of the EU and the U.S., which enables the citizens from the Diaspora to vote with expired identity cards. This modification brought Maia Sandu 250,000 votes of the Diaspora, to the detriment of Igor Dodon;
- massive investments on the part of the West in the Russian language press in the Republic of Moldova. Consequently, hundreds of media outlets presumably worked in favor of Maia Sandu and to the detriment of Igor Dodon, who didn’t have access to the media;
- rigging of elections, including with the participation of the European People’s Party that supported Maia Sandu. In all the EU states, there are lists of Moldovans who are employed and lists of their employers. The last were intimidated to force the employees to vote for Maia Sandu or they risked losing the job;
- the subversive actions of Facebook that is controlled by the Americans consisted in the dissemination of information favorable to Maia Sandu and unfavorable to the PSRM, transforming the population into zombies. In the EU, there was implemented a powerful mechanism for exerting influence through the agency of coordinators paid by Soros Foundation and Konrad Adenaue Foundation, which through Facebook constituted groups that work in concert, transforming the 300,000 Moldovans in the EU into 300,000 voters;
- the lack of cohesion among the 350,000 Moldovans in Russia, who are dispersed all over the country and where only 17 polling stations were established, as opposed to over 100 stations in the West. In Russia, there were polling stations in Norilsk, where there are only about three Moldovans or in Vladivostok, where there are two Moldovans, while in Moscow, where there are 150,000 Moldovans, only two polling stations were established, etc.
It is useless to comment on the fantasies of the EBCS candidate. However, it is relatively easy to prove that he mixes untruths and half-truths. First of all, it is easy to determine that the Moldovan electoral authorities didn’t establish polling places in Norilsk or Vladivostok. Secondly, 12 polling stations were established in the recent presidential elections for the Moldovans who live in Moscow and its suburban settlements, not nine stations. 60,000 Moldovans could vote at these 12 stations, but only approximately 11,000 citizens cast their ballots there. This is sufficient to realize if the statements of the head of the branch of the Russian Imperial Movement can be trusted. However, the fibs served to the Russian public pursue one concrete goal: to attract resources of the Imperial center to its branch in the Republic of Moldova – business as usual.
What should be done? Inspiration of competition between pro-Russians and Soros supporters
The deliberate distorting of the realities for substantiating the thesis concerning the danger of disappearance of Moldova from the sphere of influence of Russia is followed by the formulation of solutions for not allowing such a scenario. Among the rescuing solutions proposed by the interviewee is the creation, with the support of Russia in the Republic of Moldova, of a network of NGOs whose activists in Ukraine are called pro-Rossyata (pro-Russians), so as to fight the activity of the alleged Soros activists (Sorosyata). In the same development, the EBCS candidate also pondered over the concrete methods of influencing public opinion, as if the propagandistic activity of the Russian TV channels is not enough:
- formulation of a new information policy and creation of a network of NGOs similar to the one supported by the West. For example, an institute of the CIS states; an information center of the Eurasian Economic Union, similar to the information centers of the EU; an information center of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO). Couldn’t Russia open three-four centers of the kind?;
- modification of the policies on the retransmission of Russian TV channels on the territory of the Republic of Moldova. Russian elites offered the right to retransmit in Moldova to the main TV channels of Plahotniuc, while currently to the Soros-supported network. This happens not only in Moldova, but also in Belarus, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Armenia, etc., where the Russia-phobics gain money on account of Russia.
Based on these assertions, we can see that the EBCS candidate distorts the realities so as to pave the way for activity for himself and his mates from the Russian Imperial Movement. This way, the management of the eventual networks of NGOs and the retransmission of the Russian TV channels should be ensured exclusively by the pro-Rossyata. The EBCS candidate’s pretention is based on his previous experience as manager of the Russian NGO Fund Priznanie, on Moldova’s territory, which he abandoned in order to promote the Europeans integration policy of ex-Premier Vlad Filat, becoming his scholar. It was nothing unordinary except for the fact that he never published accounts or financial reports that would justify his property.
Electoral forecasts and mechanism for influencing elections
In his interview for the Russian public, the EBCS candidate made forecasts about the results of the snap parliamentary elections of July 11, a profile of the Communist and Socialist voters, and specified the mechanisms for influencing the voters, which can be abridged to the following:
- the PAS party of President Maia Sandu can obtain a parliamentary majority only owing to rigging, voter corruption and the involvement of the Diaspora. A proof of the rigging: North-Korean dictator Kim Jong-il gained 97% of the vote, while Maia Sandu won 98% of the vote;
- currently, Maia Sandu’s rating is lower, while that of the EBCS is on the ascendant. Everything depends on the Shor Party, which, if it passes the election threshold, can push Maia Sandu’s party to the opposition. It’s possible that we, (EBSC), with Shor and other parties that will pass the election threshold, will form a majority.
- opinion polls correctly indicate the voting intentions. We should add 15% of the Diaspora to Maia Sandu’s party;
- the final result of elections depends on the participation of the Moldovans from Russia and Transnistria. In Russia, there are 17 polling stations, multiplied by 5, respectively 70,000-80,000 could vote there. In Transnistria, there are 200,000 citizens and we will do our best to ensure voting conditions for them;
- Igor Dodon and Vladimir Voronin are usually voted by statehood and independence supporters, those who consider themselves Moldovan ethnics, Russian speakers, farmers and Russian migrants who came as specialists to district centers of the Republic of Moldova;
- The Kremlin and the government of Russia transmitted humanitarian aid – Sputnik V vaccines doses for 70,000 citizens. Later, Igor Dodon reached an agreement concerning the signing of a contract for the purchase of 1 million doses of Sputnik V vaccine. There was hope that the contract will be signed in May-June, but things stagnate at the level of intentions. If the vaccine does not get to Moldova until the elections, the pre-electoral situation will modify. The Soros network intentionally disseminates rumors that Dodon vaccinated only his relatives with Sputnik V, while the ordinary Moldovans do not have access to such a vaccine;
- Russia could exert pressure on the Republic of Moldova, for example, by threatening to increase the price of gas so that the Moldovans realize. But such an approach implies risks. This way, instead of voting for Dodon, they could get angry with Putin for being brainwashed and can interpret the pressure as mockery at the Moldovans.
Form these statements of the representative of the Imperial Movement, we can draw conclusions about the electoral strategies used in the current campaign.
The discussions about the danger of disappearance of Moldova are not new and should be treated with precaution. It should be clear that this time it goes to the danger of disappearance of Moldova from the sphere of influence of Russia. This thing bothers the leaders of the EBCS. These leaders were once the main promoters of the European integration of the Republic of Moldova, but they changed their position for three times, acting as political weathercocks. Their credibility suffered a lot and therefore they seek support from the center.
The Moldovan voters should realize that a large part of the politicians in the Republic of Moldova are deceitful and irresponsible. They dare to say one thing today and another thing tomorrow. That’s why it is important to separate the wheat from the chaff.