“The brazen people from the PSRM-Shor majority want to convince us that the absolute PSRM-Shor majority pursues other goals than those pursued by the qualified PSRM-AIE majority nine years ago. It depends on the citizens of this country if they want to be persuaded by the good intentions of the joker used by swindlers to form a qualified majority in 2012 and of the national bribery recordman who was used by the same swindlers to rob the national banking system...”
Dissatisfaction of leaders of new parliamentary majority
The founders of a new parliamentary majority are very dissatisfied with the statements made by the Head of the Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Moldova, Ambassador Peter Michalko. Curiously, the leaders of the new parliamentary majority – Ilan Shor and Igor Dodon – expressed their dissatisfaction from Israel and, respectively, from the Kurile Islands with the assertions made in a studio in Chisinau by Ambassador Michalko: “It is worrisome when persons who formed part of the bank fraud are involved in negotiations or in the decision-making process concerning the formation of the Government. (…) It is important that the Republic of Moldova should have a functional Government, a reliable Parliament. We also prefer reliable partners”.
The European diplomat’s assertion was a reaction to the alleged roadmap of Mariana Durleșteanu – the candidate of the PSRM-Shor parliamentary majority for Prime Minister:
“management of the crisis by maintaining the European Course of Moldova, the Emergency Program with the IMF and the foreign partners for ensuring reforms and financial support”. It is evident that to overcome the crisis, the eventual Prime Minister of the government supported by the PSRM-Shor majority banks on the support of the European Union (EU). That’s why the attitude of the EU representatives to the cooperation with a government promoted by the PSRM and the Shor Party is of great public interest. In fact, in the absence of progress in investigating the bank fraud, it was evident that Ambassador Michalko will express his attitude in strict compliance with the theses of the resolutions of the European Parliament of July 5 and, respectively, of November 14, 2018.
The leaders of the Shor Party (PȘ) and of the Party of Socialists of the Republic of Moldova (PSRM) pretend not to remember the provisions of the European Parliament’s resolutions that referred also to the lack of progress in the investigation of the bank fraud. It is strange, but several months ago the leader of the PSRM condemned any contacts and discussions with the mafia and bandits of Plahotniuc and Shor (see min. 07.00-15.21). Even in this context, Ilan Shor has the courage to interpret the assertions of the European diplomat, accusing him of:
- ignoring of the generally accepted diplomatic etiquette;
- interference in the internal affairs of a sovereign state;
- ignoring of promoted European standards by neglecting presumption of innocence;
- insulting, in fact, of 120,000 electors who vote for the Shor Party etc.
The leader of the PSRM Igor Dodon didn’t hesitate to support his majority coalition partner. In connection with those stated by Shor, Igor Dodon justifies the coalition with this by ironizing about the EU and making subtle allusions to the guiltiness of European officials in the bank fraud case:
- everything could be understood and accepted if, in the period during which the bank fraud was committed, the “pro-European” majority in Parliament wouldn’t have enjoyed the unconditional trust and patronage of Brussels;
- while the EU was trumpeting the “success story” in the Republic of Moldova,...the swindlers from power were stealing the banking assets;
- if the MPs, to whom the ambassadors refer as to persons featured in the Kroll report, had supported the pro-European parties and Maia Sandu…, the Western development partners would have kept silent and nothing would have bothered them;
- isn’t this an example of double standards? God protect us! This is impossible in a civilized European democratic society:). Son of a bitch ..., but our son of a bitch. We experienced such situations in Moldova for several times since 2009 until 2019.
Each bird loves to hear himself sing...
Ilan Shor’s reproaches to the EU ambassador do not deserve to be even discussed. It is enough to remind Igor Dodon’s ally that freely and unforced by someone he made a denouncement by which he admitted that he gave bribe totaling $250 million to ex-Premier Vlad Filat so as to profit from particular advantages in business. As they say – each bird loves to hear himself sing! What other court decision would the EU ambassador need to show his bewilderment at the intention of an eventual government of the PSRM-Shor parliamentary majority to get support from the development partners? Moreover, the justice determined that ex-Premier Filat received only $40 million. That’s why Ilan Shor should explain at least where is the other $210 million that he admitted he stole from the banks he managed.
The ironies of Ilan Shor’s allies Igor Dodon deserve to be noted. There is no doubt that the European institutions were cheated by the notable leaders of the so-called Alliance for European Integration (AEI) – Vlad Filat, Vlad Plahotniuc, etc. If this is so, we should be glad that the EU reached the necessary conclusions and is now very tough on any Moldovan parliamentary majority. But this is not suitable for the leader of the PSRM, which seems to ask the EU to be as indulgent towards the PSRM-Shor majority as it was towards the AEI. If the leaders of the AEI stole $1 billion, why shouldn’t they also close their eyes to what the PSRM-Shor majority intends to do? Especially because the PSRM needs a lot of money, indeed a lot of money.
However, we should clarify why the European institutions allowed to be cheated by the shrewd from the AEI? Did the representatives of the Western institutions communicate only with the leaders of the AEI, who lied to them, ignoring the communication with the notable leaders of the opposition during the period of the success story? Could the latter have revealed the sins of the corrupt government officials? We now know that the representatives of the West also discussed intensely with the notable opposition leaders of that time, including Igor Dodon. And this is what they could see in the behavior of the given opposition member of that time:
- Igor Dodon and the Socialist group in Moldova’s Parliament intentionally thwarted in 2012, long before the bank fraud and while the Laundromat was being committed, the intention of the Party of Communists of the Republic of Moldova (PCRM) to induce snap parliamentary elections, preferring to support the AEI’s candidate for the post of President, saving the corrupt leaders from an imminent collapse before the revenge of the PCRM, which in that period had a rating of 40-45%, which is sufficient for obtaining a parliamentary majority;
- Igor Dodon had plans to undermine from inside the PCRM and he shared these plans with the dialogue partners. The wikileaks documents revealed that back in 2009 Dodon was ready to support Marian Lupu in his intention to split the PCRM, which was coordinated by the Vlad Plahotniuc, as it was later found out;
- Igor Dodon persuaded public opinion and the foreign partners that he pleaded for political stability and against the PCRM’s revenge. In this regard, he acquired the quality of tester of statehood and political stability, when on March 16, 2012 he voted for Nicolae Timofte to be installed as President, extending the AEI’s political life by five years, until Dorin Chirtoacă was arrested in May 2017.
From the aforementioned, we can see that the leader of the PSRM does not have the moral right to reproach the EU for the lack of discernment in the cooperation with the political forces of the Republic of Moldova. Namely Igor Dodon was the one on whom the remaining in power of the AEI and, consequently, the continuation of the schemes of the swindlers who were in power depended crucially. As to the sons of a bitch, it is in the interests of Igor Dodon not to refer to this subject. He knows that the leader of the PSRM Vladimir Voronin, who decisively contributed to the promotion of Igor Dodon in politics, pronounced exhaustively on this issue. But the people’s wisdom that each bird loves to hear himself sing is confirmed again.
The leaders of the new PSRM-Shor majority dare to reproach the EU ambassador in Chisinau for the fact that this expressed his concern that persons who formed part of the bank fraud are involved in negotiations or in the decision-making process concerning the formation of the Government even if one of them admitted that he offered $250 million bribe, while the second broke his written oath to the party that helped him build his political career so as to support the plans of political swindles who later became involved in the bank fraud.
Currently, as in 2012, the leader of the PSRM insists on the necessity of overcoming the political crisis and on avoiding the snap parliamentary elections even if namely Igor Dodon planned the snap parliamentary elections back in November 2019, when he promoted his inferior Ion Chicu to the post of Prime Minister only until the presidential elections of the autumn of 2020. The defeat suffered in the presidential elections and the decline in the popular approval rating of the PSRM made Igor Dodon abandon his plans for saving the county from the mafia and bandits (min.07.00-15.21). History repeats itself. In 2012, the PSRM led by Igor Dodon formed a situational majority of 3/5 of MPs with the AEI for voting in President Nicoale Timofti, while recently formed the situational majority with the Shor Party for investing the government of Mariana Durleșeanu. Those who were promoted – Timofti and Durleșteanu – do not bear any blame, but the candidate for premiership Durleșteanu could learn something from the experience and activity of her backers.
The brazen people from the PSRM-Shor majority want to convince us that the absolute PSRM-Shor majority pursues other goals than those pursued by the qualified PSRM-AIE majority nine years ago. It depends on the citizens of this country if they want to be persuaded by the good intentions of the joker used by swindlers to form a qualified majority in 2012 and of the national bribery recordman who was used by the same swindlers to rob the national banking system.